Skin Care Tips: In the spirit of back to school I thought I would tackle a subject that many of us have dealt with since middle school and some still struggle with it post college graduation! You know what I’m talking about pizza face!
Don’t worry, I’m not here to lecture you on the ABCs of acne, I’m just handing you the cheat sheet so you can be the master of your own skin. Follow this super simple skin care routine and you’ll be surprised how the right products can make all the difference.
1. Wash your face with a cleanser that contains salicylic acid—it clears the pores of excess sebum which cause breakouts. This personally helps me control blackheads.
2. Apply a lightweight moisturizer to keep your skin from over drying. One with glycolic acid would score you some extra credit because it exfoliates dead skin cells, which in turn keep pores clean and clear.
3. Protect your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays with an oil-free sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher, no matter the season!
1. Start your night routine by washing your face again with your morning cleanser that contains salicylic acid.
2. Follow with a calming night cream to prevent inflammation. Look for products with ingredients like green or white tea or chamomile extract.
3. Attack those pesky pimples at night—a spot treatment with benzoyl peroxide. Concentrations range from 2.5% to 10% so choose a product accordingly, but 5% should be strong enough for spot treating. Make sure the formula is dry before you hit the sheets to avoid bleaching your pillowcase!